Fun & Festive Watermelon Jelly Slices
1 medium-large watermelon
3 tins KOO Fruit Cocktail in Syrup
4 tbsp gelatine powder
¼ cup sugar
1 ½ cups boiling water
½ cup rum or vodka, optional
1. Slice the watermelon in half lengthwise with a sharp knife. You'll only need one half for this recipe, keep the second half for a summer snack.
2. Cut ½ cm off the bottom of the watermelon half for balance if needed.
Scoop out the watermelon flesh and cut into cubes.
3. Place the watermelon cubes into a resealable plastic bag and freeze for your morning smoothie.
4. Pour the tins of KOO Fruit Cocktail with the syrup into the hollowed out watermelon.
5. Add the sugar and gelatin in boiling water and whisk slowly for two minutes until dissolved.
6. Add the alcohol and pour the mixture into the watermelon until it almost reaches the top.
7. Refrigerate overnight to set fully.
8. With a sharp knife, slice the watermelon lengthwise and then into wedges.
Serve and ENJOY!