Granola Crust Yoghurt Cheesecake
For the Granola Crust:
3 cups Nature’s Source Granola
2 eggs, beaten
4 tbsp honey
For the Filling:
1 sachet Gelatine (10g or 1tbsp)
½ - 1 medium lemon, juiced & zested
1 tub cream cheese (250 g)
2 cups full cream yoghurt
½ cup honey
1 tsp vanilla essence
Fresh berries, of choice
Serves 8 – 12 slices
For the Granola Crust
1. Preheat the oven to 170℃ and grease a springform cake tin.
2. Add the Nature’s Source Granola to a medium sized bowl.
3. Whisk together the eggs and honey and add to the granola, mixing well.
4. Press the granola mixture firmly into the base of a spring form tin.
5. Bake the crust in the oven for about 20 – 25 minutes until the crust is golden and set. Allow to cool completely.
For the Filling
1. Heat 1 tablespoon cold water and the lemon juice in a small pan until just simmering, then remove from the heat. Add the gelatine to the hot lemon mixture. Stir until dissolved.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until softened and smooth.
3. Add the yoghurt, honey, the lemon juice mixture, the lemon zest and vanilla essence and beat again on medium speed until completely combined. Taste and adjust sweetness accordingly.
4. Pour the mixture over the cooled granola base and refrigerate for 2 – 3 hours or overnight for best result.
5. Garnish with fresh berries.
6. Slice equal slices and ENJOY!!