2 tbsp cocoa powder
11/3 cup Alpro Chocolate Flavoured Soya Milk
200g pitted dates
2¼ cups self-raising flour, sifted
2 cups fine desiccated coconut
1 slab (100g) dairy-free dark chocolate, broken into smaller pieces
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. Stir the cocoa powder into 1 cup Alpro Soya Drink Chocolate Flavour and heat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes to warm. Stir to dissolve the cocoa powder. Add the dates and allow to soak in the liquid for 10 minutes.
3. Add the dates and chocolate milk mixture to a blender. Blend until finely pureed.
4. Fold in the flour, salt and coconut until just combined and a biscuit dough has formed. *Chef’s Tip: To ensure the biscuits hold their shape while baking, rest the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Using wet hands, roll the dough into 40 uniform oval biscuits and place on the tray spaced well apart. Flatten the balls using a fork. *Chef’s Tip: Dip the fork in cocoa powder to prevent it from sticking.
6. Bake for about 25 minutes or until crisp and slightly browned on the edges.
7. In the meantime, prepare the chocolate ganache. Warm 1/3 cup Alpro Soya Drink Chocolate Flavour in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Pour the warm chocolate milk over the chocolate and stir until melted. It should be a silky, smooth consistency.
8. Dip the bottom half of two cookies into the chocolate ganache and press the two together, firmly. Hold it for 5 seconds until dry. Repeat with all the cookies until you have 20.
9. Serve these delicious biscuits alongside a cup of tea and ENJOY!