Hawaiian Rainbow Chicken Salad
1 cup cooked and chilled brown rice
¼ purple cabbage sliced thinly
1 large red pepper, diced
1 carrot, grated
2 tbsp pickled ginger
1 tbsp olive oil
½ cup chopped raw, unsalted cashews
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 chicken breast, sliced into small strips
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
Knorr Balsamic and Pineapple Salad Dressing
Roughly chopped spring onion, to garnish
1. Cut the pineapple in half, lengthwise.
2. Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh of the pineapple, leaving just enough around the edges so that each ‘bowl’ is sturdy.
3. Slice the pineapple pieces into small cubes and set aside.
4. Prepare 1 cup of brown rice according to the pack instructions and set aside.
5. Slice the cabbage julienne-style and set aside.
6. Dice the red pepper and set aside.
7. Roughly chop the spring onion and pickled ginger and set aside.
8. Lightly toast the cashew nuts in a dry pan, cooking until fragrant, stirring constantly.
9. Heat olive oil and brown the chicken pieces.
10. Add the soy sauce and honey and pan fry until cooked through.
Assembling the salad bowls:
1. Add all the ingredients into a bowl (reserve the nut, spring onions for garnish) and mix until well combined.
2. Spoon the salad mixture into the pineapple halves and drizzle generously with the Knorr vinaigrette.
3. Sprinkle roughly chopped spring onion and toasted cashews over the top to garnish & ENJOY!