Healthy Breakfast Bars On-The-Go
Makes: 6-8 Bars
1 cup Bokomo Bran Flakes
½ cup almonds, roughly chopped
½ cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup raisins
1 cup coconut
1 cup Bokomo Traditional Oats
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
½ cup coconut oil, melted
½ cup honey
½ cup peanut butter
1 egg, beaten
¼ cup dark chocolate drops
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Line a 20cm x 20cm baking pan with baking paper and set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine the Bokomo Bran Flakes, Oats, nuts, pumpkin seeds, raisins, coconut, cinnamon and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut oil, honey and peanut butter.
5. Pour the wet coconut oil mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
6. Add the beaten egg and stir again.
7. Add the mixture to the lined baking dish. Layer out evenly and press down firmly to ensure that the bars hold together.
8. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the edges start to brown.
9. Remove from the oven, allow to cool and slice into rectangular bars.
10. Melt the dark chocolate drops in the microwave in 15 second intervals until smooth.
11. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the bars and allow to set. Serve and ENJOY!