Mince & Mash Pie
For the Mince Crust
400 g lean mince
½ cup breadcrumbs, plus extra to sprinkle in the pie dish
2 tbsp Maggi Lazenby Worcestershire Sauce Original
½ onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground coriander
For the Mash Filling
4-6 medium potatoes
Salt, to taste
¼ cup butter, room temperature
½ cup milk, room temperature
1 tsp mustard
1 ½ cups grated cheddar cheese
200g pack bacon, cooked until crispy
2 tsp chives, chopped
Fresh green salad
For the Mince Crust:
1. Preheat the oven to 180℃ and grease a round pie dish. Sprinkle breadcrumbs into the pie dish in a very thin layer to help form a crisp crust.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the mince with the egg, ½ cup of breadcrumbs, MAGGI LAZENBY Worcestershire Sauce Original, onions, garlic and spices and mix well.
3. Press the mince firmly into the pie dish, along the bottom and up the sides and bake for 15-20 minutes until firm.
For the Mash Filling:
1. Peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes. Rinse well under running water.
2. Add the potatoes to a medium pot and cover with cold salted water.
3. Bring to the boil, cover and allow to simmer until just soft.
4. Drain and rinse the potatoes. Add them back to the warm pot.
5. Mash the potatoes, using a potato masher and add the butter and milk. Mix through until smooth and fluffy. Add the mustard and season to taste.
6. Mix through a cup of cheese and half the crispy bacon bits.
7. Spoon the fluffy mash over the mince crust and sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top and bake for 10 - 12 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and starts to crisp up.
8. Garnish the mince and mash pie with the rest of the crispy bacon and the fresh chives.
9. Serve a slice with a side of salad and ENJOY!!