4 cups of water
Salt, to taste
1 cup Spekko Long Grain Parboiled Rice
100g baby spinach leaves
2 cups ricotta
1 clove garlic, crushed
250ml marinara/pasta sauce
1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese, grated
1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, grated
8 ham slices, rectangular
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Heat 4 cups of water in a pot with salt to taste, add 1 cup of rice and boil uncovered for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and place the lid on the pot.
3. Simmer for 20 – 25 minutes.
4. Stir in 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, allow the cheese to melt and set aside.
5. Mix the baby spinach leaves with the ricotta cheese, milk and garlic until combined, set aside.
6. Spoon 100ml of the marinara sauce into a greased square baking dish.
7. Gently press half of the cooked rice into the baking dish in an even layer (the rice will absorb the marinara sauce as it bakes)
8. Sprinkle with ¼ cup mozzarella & ¼ cup grated cheddar cheese. Spread half of the spinach mixture over the cheese
9. Top with half of the ham slices, overlapping as needed.
10. Spoon 100ml marinara sauce over the ham. Repeat the layers, ending with the marinara sauce.
11. Bake for 20 minutes.
12. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining cheese & bake for 5 – 10 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
13. Garnish with chopped basil, slice & ENJOY!