4 sweet potatoes
Salt & pepper
2 cups IMBO Lentils
2 cups IMBO Split Peas
1 tbsp milk
1/2 cup carrots
1/2 cup celery
1/2 cup diced onion
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 tbsp chopped basil
1/2 cup chopped spinach
2 tbsp soya sauce
1. Using a potato peeler, peel 4 sweet potatoes. Place the potato skins on a lines baking tray and season with salt, pepper, fresh thyme and olive oil. Toss to coat the skins and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes.
2. Slice the sweet potatoes and boil in water for 15-20 minutes.
3. Rinse 2 cups lentils and 2 cups split peas together in a colander until the water runs clear. Once rinsed, simmer for 30 minutes in boiling water. Drain and set aside.
4. Mash the cooked sweet potatoes with 1tbsp of milk and salt until smooth.
5. In a large pan, soften 1 cup carrots, 1 cup celery, 1 cup onion with 2 tbsp water. Add the cooked grains and mix to combine.
6. Add 2 cans diced tomatoes together with 1 tbsp basil, chopped spinach and soya sauce.
7. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
8. Place the mixture into small casserole dishes, topped with an ever layer of sweet potato.
9. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
10. Serve with fresh basil and crunchy potato skins and ENJOY!