1 large ciabatta or other long wide loaf
Olive oil (for frying)
300g beef cut into small strips
1 small chopped onion
1 green pepper cut into thin slices
2 cloves finely diced/crushed garlic
Royco Beef Casserole with Rosemary Cook-In-Sauce
Salt and pepper
Grated mozzarella cheese
Grated cheddar cheese
1. Using a sharp bread knife cut out the center of a large ciabatta - leaving an edge of about 1-2cm.
2. Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof pot/pan. Place the beef strips in the pot and brown on all sides.
3. Remove the beef from the pan.
4. Fry the onion and garlic until fragrant then add the green pepper and fry until soft, about 10 minutes.
5. Add Royco Beef Casserole with Rosemary Cook-In-Sauce and place the beef back in the pan and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for about 15 minutes.
6. Pour this saucy mix into the bread shell.
7. Top with grated cheddar and grated mozzarella cheese.
8.Bake the filled loaf in the oven at 180°C for about ten minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden.
9. Garnish with fresh herbs. Slice, serve and ENJOY!