1 onion, finely chopped
1 cup mealie meal
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
½ cup milk
3 tsp parsley
1 tsp paprika
1 pack of diced bacon
½ cup chicken stock
1 cup cream
1 tin of tomato
½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Grease a large baking dish.
3. Fry half the onion in a little oil until soft and set aside.
4. Combine the dry ingredients and mix well. Beat the egg and milk together and add to the dry ingredients.
5. Also add the onion, parsley and paprika, mixing well.
6. Shape the mixture into balls.
7. In a separate pan, fry rest of the onion and bacon pieces until browned and crispy.
8. Add the chicken stock, tomato and cream to the pan and bring to the boil.
9. Simmer for 10 minutes before pouring the mixture over the mealie balls in the baking dish.
10. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until the balls are cooked through.
11. Sprinkle grated cheese over the dish and grill for 5 minutes until the cheese is golden and melted and ENJOY!