Masala Steak, Egg & Chips Toastie Bake
3 tbsp oil
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp garlic, crushed
1 tsp ginger, crushed
3 tbsp Rajah Mild Masala Curry Powder 1 tsp salt
550g minute steak, sliced into strips 500g frozen chips
1⁄2 cup melted butter
6 slices of white bread
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
6 tbsp finely chopped coriander
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a large oven tray with grease-spray.
2. In a pan, bring the oil to the heat and add the onions. Fry for about 5 minutes or until
the onions are slightly golden.
3. Add the garlic and ginger and the Rajah Mild Masala Curry Powder and salt and stir to
combine. Add the steak and 1⁄4 cup of water and cook for 10-15 minutes with the lid on.
4. While the steak is cooking, pour the frozen chips into a sheet pan and bake them for 10-
15 minutes or until partially done. Remove from the oven and set aside.
5. Generously spread butter on the bread on each side and place them into the dish. Top
the bread with the baked chips and scoop the cooked steak evenly over the chips, ensuring that each slice of bread has an even amount of steak on them. Top the steak with the cheese and using the back of a spoon, make an indent in the cheese in the middle of each slice of bread.
6. Crack an egg in each of the indents so that each slice of bread has an egg on top.
7. Place the tray in the oven and bake until the eggs are cooked to your liking and the
cheese has melted, about 15-20 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Top with the chopped coriander,
pull apart a sandwich, serve on a plate and ENJOY.
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍