Meatball Lasagne Soup
For the meatballs:
300g Beef mince
1 small onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, grated
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ cup breadcrumbs
2 tbsp parsley, chopped (and/or basil)
Salt and pepper to taste
For the soup:
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots peeled and diced
2 stalks celery, diced
4 cloves garlic
1 small tin tomato paste
Royco Bolognaise Cook-in-Sauce
300ml chicken stock
5 lasagne sheets, broken into pieces
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Mix all the meatball ingredients. Roll them into 1-2 tablespoon balls and pan fry in oil over medium-heat until browned on all sides, about 2-4 minutes per side.
2. Heat oil in an oven-proof pot over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery and carrots and cook until tender - roughly 5-10 minutes.
3. Add garlic and fry for a minute - or until fragrant. Add the tomato paste and fry for a few minutes.
4. Add the stock, the Royco Bolognaise Cook-in-Sauce, the meatballs and the lasagne noodles (broken into small rough squares 3cm x 3cm) and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for about ten minutes or until the pasta is tender.
5. Top with generous amount of grated mozzarella and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted/golden.
6. Serve with garlicky bruschetta toast, dig in and ENJOY!