Milk Tart Pancake Cake
For the pancakes:
1 pack Sasko Pancake mix
For the milk tart mixture:
500ml full cream milk
2 cinnamon sticks
30ml cake flour
30ml corn flour
80ml castor sugar
Pinch of salt
100ml full cream milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
500ml whipping cream
30ml icing sugar
1. Make pancake mix according to the instructions on the pack.
2. Fry the pancakes until golden brown and set aside.
3. For the milk tart filling, heat 2 cups of milk and the cinnamon sticks in a saucepan over a medium heat.
4. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the corn flour, cake flour, salt, castor sugar and eggs. Ensure the mixture is free from any lumps.
5. Once the milk reaches boiling point, ladle half a cup of hot milk at a time into the egg mixture whisking all the while.
6. Remove the cinnamon sticks and pour the milk mixture back into the pan.
7. Over a low heat, bring the custard up to the boil, whisking all the while. Continue to cook for several minutes until the custard is thickened and to cook out the raw flour taste. Stir in the vanilla extract.
8. Transfer the custard to a bowl and cover with cling film. Set aside to cool.
9. Whisk the cream and icing sugar together until soft peak stage.
10. Now whisk the cooled custard to loosen then fold half the cream into the custard.
11. On a cake stand, start layering by placing a pancake on the base, spread with 2 tbsp whipped custard cream. Sprinkle liberally with cinnamon sugar. Repeat until the filling has been used up.
12. Pile the remaining whipped cream on top and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Garnish with raspberries & blackberries.
13. Chill for about an hour to firm up before slicing with a sharp, smooth blade knife. Serve & ENJOY!