Mini Lemon Meringues
For the Citrus KitKat Crust:
3 x NESTLÉ KitKat Citrus (45 g each chilled in the fridge)
2 tbsp melted butter (optional)
For the Lemon Meringue:
½ can NESTLÉ condensed milk
2 eggs, split
¼ cup lemon juice (about 4 small-medium lemons), depending on taste
1/3 cup castor sugar
For the Kit Kat Citrus Crust:
1. Preheat the oven at 160℃ and line a mini muffin tray with muffin lines. Set aside.
2. In a large resealable plastic bag, crush the KitKat Citrus slabs into crumbs, using a rolling pin.
3. Add the melted butter and combine well.
4. Press the KitKat crumbs into each muffin liner and refrigerate until needed.
For the Lemon Curd:
1. Whisk the egg yolks until thick & doubled in size.
2. Add the condensed milk and mix well. Slowly pour in the lemon juice, to taste.
3. Pour this mixture over the KitKat base in the muffin tin cups.
4. Bake the lemon curd for 10 minutes, allow to cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for 20 minutes.
5. In a large, clean bowl, with an electric beater, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
6. Slowly, start adding the castor sugar until it is smooth and shiny.
7. Add the meringue mixture to a piping bag and pipe onto each lemon cup.
8. Use a blowtorch to lightly torch the meringue tops. (Alternatively, you could add the meringue onto the unbaked lemon mixture and then bake this in the oven for 8-10 minutes until golden.)
9. Serve at room temperature and ENJOY!!