Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes
120g chocolate biscuits
2 tbsp margarine, melted
1 tub (230g) cream cheese, softened
¼ can (96g) NESTLÉ Full Cream Sweetened Condensed Milk
4 tsp NESTLÉ Cocoa Powder
1½ tbsp red food colouring
Dusting of NESTLÉ Cocoa Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C and line a mini muffin tray (24 holes) with mini cupcake liners.
2. Place the biscuits in a resealable bag and crush them using a rolling pin.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the biscuit crumb with the melted margarine and divide between the cupcake liners, pressing down firmly to form the base of the tarts. Refrigerate to set.
4. Add the cream cheese into a large mixing bowl and beat for 15 seconds until lump-free and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5. Add the NESTLÉ Full Cream Sweetened Condensed Milk and beat until just combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat in the egg, about 30 seconds. *Chef’s Tip: Stop beating when the mixture is just combined.
6. Sift the NESTLÉ Cocoa Powder into a small bowl and add the red food colouring. Add about a tablespoon of boiling water and stir to form a paste. Stir this through the cheesecake mixture until just mixed.
7. Divide the red velvet cheesecake batter in between the cupcake liners, filling almost to the top so that there is space left to rise. Bake the cheesecakes for about 10 minutes until just set. The centre should still be slightly jiggly.
8. Allow to cool at room temperature then refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
9. Remove the liners and serve topped with whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa powder and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍