Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 15 minutes
1 tbsp butter, melted
¼ cup seasoned fine breadcrumbs
3 tbsp Brookes® Tru-Lem 100% Lemon Juice, plus extra for serving
3 tbsp chutney
2 tins (170g each) tuna shredded fish in water
1 cup cooked and mashed potatoes
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 large egg
½ tsp each salt and pepper to season
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly grease a muffin tray with the melted butter. Spoon 1 teaspoon of the seasoned bread crumbs into each muffin hole. Shake the tray to coat the sides and bottom of each hole with the breadcrumbs. Set aside until needed.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the Brookes® Tru-Lem 100% Lemon Juice, chutney, shredded tuna, mashed potatoes, ¾ cup of cheese, the egg, and the salt and pepper and mix until well combined
3. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the tuna batter into each of the muffin holes, and smoothen the tops. Top each muffin with 1 teaspoon of the remaining cheese before baking for 14-15 minutes or until golden brown.
4. In the meantime, combine the extra lemon juice with 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise if using and stir until well combined.
5. Allow the tuna cakes to cool for 3 minutes before removing them from the baking tray. Serve 2 tuna cakes with a sprinkling of parsley and fresh green salad alongside the lemony dipping sauce, and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍
Muffin Tray Lemon Fish Cakes