2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
2 tins (170g each) Lucky Star Light Meat Tuna Chunks in Water, drained
3 tbsp chopped parsley
5 cubes (2cmx2cm) mozzarella cheese
Salt and pepper, to season
1½ cups breadcrumbs
2 tbsp oil
1 tin Lucky Star Chakalaka Mild & Spicy, heated
1. Add the quartered potatoes to a pot of salted water. Allow to boil for about 25 minutes or until just soft.
2. Drain the water and mash the potatoes using a fork. Allow the mashed potatoes to cool to ensure firm fishcakes.
3. Add the drained Lucky Star Tuna Chunks, 1 egg, chopped parsley, ½ cup breadcrumbs and mix well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Divide the mixture into 5 balls. Mould each tuna ball into a patty shape and press a cheese cube into the centre of each, covering with the fishcake mixture.
5. Dip the fishcakes in the remaining cup of breadcrumbs followed by 2 eggs, beaten, then again in the breadcrumbs to coat well.
6. Refrigerate the fishcakes for 30 minutes or until firm. This will ensure they hold shape when cooking. *Chef’s Tip: Uncooked fishcakes will freeze well for up to 3 months!
7. Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Fry the fishcakes, in batches, for about 3-5 minutes a side until golden and crisp.
8. Serve the fishcakes while still warm with a delicious coleslaw, Lucky Star Chakalaka and lemon wedges and ENJOY!