Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 45 minutes
1 packet (500g) Fatti’s & Moni’s Bellissimo Linguine pasta
1 jar (400ml) tomato pasta sauce
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 tsp each salt and pepper, to season
2 tsp dried Italian herbs
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Layer the Fatti’s & Moni’s Bellissimo Linguine pasta, tomato pasta sauce, garlic, salt and pepper and Italian herbs to a 30x20cm baking dish and cover with about 5 cups of water. Carefully toss the ingredients together using tongs, until well combined. *Chef’s Tip: Baking the pasta in the sauce retains all the flavour!
3. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes until the pasta is al denté, but still saucy. *Chef’s Tip: Covering the pasta bake will ensure the pasta cooks evenly!
4. Carefully remove the baking dish from the oven and remove the foil lid. Switch the oven to grill and increase the temperature to 220°C.
5. Add 1 cup of the cherry tomatoes to the a baking dish and toss the pasta together using the tongs until the pasta and sauce are well combined. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the pasta and top with remaining 2 cups of cherry tomatoes. *Chef’s Tip: Add shredded cooked chicken for a meaty alternative!
6. Add the baking dish back into the oven, uncovered, and grill for 5-7 minutes until the cheese has melted and is lightly browned.
7. Remove the baking dish from the oven and garnish with fresh basil leaves. Serve with a fresh side salad and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍
One-Dish Easy Cheesy Pasta Bake