Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 55 minutes
3 (400g) chicken breasts, cubed
¼ cup Brookes® Tru-Lem 100% Lemon Juice
3 cloves chopped garlic
1 cup white rice
1 cup chicken stock
½ tsp each salt and pepper, to season
2 cups baby spinach
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C on fan-assist.
2. In a 20cm square baking dish with a lid, add the chicken, Brooke's Tru-Lem® 100% Lemon Juice, garlic, rice, chicken stock, 1 cup of boiling water and salt and pepper. Mix the ingredients until well combined. *Chef’s Tip: Baking in one dish retains all the flavour!
3. Cover the baking dish with the lid and bake for 45 minutes. *Chef’s Tip: Alternatively, use a piece of foil to cover the dish!
4. When the rice is tender, remove the baking dish from the oven and remove the lid. *Chef’s Tip: Initially covering the dish ensures the rice cooks through and does not over brown!
5. Stir the spinach through the cooked rice and sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the dish. Bake uncovered for a further 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and lightly browned.
6. Carefully remove the bake from the oven. Garnish generously with freshly chopped parsley, serve and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍
One-Dish Garlic Lemon Chicken Bake