500g White Star super maize meal
1 green pepper
1 red onion
2 cloves garlic
2 cinnamon sticks
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tsp paprika
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp fresh ginger
1 can bake beans in tomato
125ml chicken stock
1 cup mozzarella cheese
300g bacon bits
45ml olive oil
Weber griddle pan
1. Add 2 cups of water to a pot and bring to the boil.
2. Add 2 cups of maize meal to the boiling water. Cook over moderate heat for 15 – 20 minutes.
3. Finely chop red onion, green pepper, garlic and ginger.
4. Prepare fire in the Weber with two-sided indirect heat.
5. Prepare pumpkin by cutting a circle on top to make a lid. Remove lid and clean inside of pumpkin.
6. Place pumpkin on Weber griddle pan and add salt, pepper and cinnamon sticks. Replace lid and place the pumpkin, on the Weber griddle pan, in the middle of the grid in the Weber and leave for 10 minutes.
7. Add 45ml olive oil to a pan and sauté chopped onions, green peppers, garlic and ginger over medium heat.
8. Add 1 can chopped tomatoes, 125ml chicken stock and 1 teaspoon paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
9. Mix well together, then add 1 can baked beans in tomato. Cook for 5 minutes.
10. Add mixture to the cooked maize meal.
11. In a separate pan, fry 200g bacon bits.
12. Remove pumpkin from Weber and fill with cooked maize meal and sauce mixture. Add cooked 200g bacon bits and 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese as top layers and close pumpkin lid.
13. Place pumpkin, lid off, on the Weber griddle pan in the middle of the grid in the Weber and cook for 15 minutes.
14. Remove from Weber and place on a heat-resistant table mat.
15. Cut in generous slices and ENJOY!