1 pack of Enterprise streaky bacon
250g Fattis & Monis Gnocchi Shells
50g Cheddar Cheese
1. On a slice of baking paper place 3 slices of streaky bacon vertically, fold down the center piece and place a fourth piece of bacon across the two slices horizontally. Pull up the center piece to cover the vertical slice.
2. Pull down the first and third vertical bacon pieces before placing the second horizontal piece and again cover the horizontal piece with the two vertical pieces by pulling them upwards.
3. Finally pull down the center vertical piece and place the third and final horizontal slice before again pulling the vertical piece over the horizontal slice to complete the lattice.
4. Cover a large muffin pan with tin foil.
5. Lift the bacon lattice on the sheet of baking paper and place over a mold of the upside down muffin pan.
6. Peel off the baking paper leaving the lattice in place.
7. Using a 7th piece of streaky bacon secure the bacon lattice by stretching the bacon and wrapping it around the lattice to keep the shape intact while baking.
8. Cover the bacon lattice baskets with a sheet of baking paper before popping a second muffin tin over the top to hold the bacon lattice baskets in place while baking.
9. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes at 180°C
10. Boil 250g Gnocchi shells in lightly salted water.
11. In a separate pan melt 40g of butter over a low heat, once melted pour in 40g flour and stir until mixed.
12. Slowly add 500ml milk, stirring continuously over a low heat until thickened.
13. Mix in 150g grated cheddar cheese and stir until smooth.
14. Pour the cheese sauce over the drained gnocchi shells and combine into a macaroni and cheese mixture.
15. Remove the bacon lattice baskets and place them inside a muffin pan to hold them in place before spooning in your macaroni and cheese mixture.
16. Bake for 20 minutes at 200°C.
17. Remove from the pan once cooled and enjoy with a side garden salad and ENJOY!