Peanut Butter Stuffed
2 ½ cups self-raising flour
¼ cup NESTLÉ Cocoa Powder
1 ½ cups low fat yoghurt
1 cup smooth sugar and salt free peanut butter
1.5 cups oil, for frying
Icing sugar (dusting)
Makes 35 doughnuts
1. Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a large bowl. Gently fold in the yoghurt using a spatula, until the mixture forms a dough.
2. On a floured surface, knead the dough by hand for 5 – 8 minutes. If too sticky, add more flour, a little at a time.
3. Divide the dough into 35 mini balls.
4. Preheat the oil in a medium-large pot on a medium heat. To test if the oil is hot enough, dip the back of a wooden spoon in the oil. If it starts sizzling around the wooden spoon, the oil is ready.
5. Deep fry the dough balls 3 – 4 minutes a side until golden and crispy.
6. Remove them, using a large slotted spoon and allow to cool on paper towel.
7. Once cooled, use a skewer to make a small hole on one side of each doughnut. Wiggle the skewer around slightly to create a small cavity inside each doughnut.
8. Fill a piping bag with ¾ cup of your peanut butter and pipe to fill each doughnut.
9. Stack the doughnut balls on a cake stand.
10. Melt the leftover peanut butter in the microwave, 30 seconds.
11. Drizzle the melted peanut butter over the doughnut stack.
12. Dust the tower of doughnut balls with icing sugar.
13. Serve the doughnut stack when still slightly warm and ENJOY!!
*In an effort to reduce our sugar intake we’ve kept this recipe sugar free. Feel free to add a few teaspoons of sugar to the doughnut mixture for a sweeter treat.