2 tbsp olive oil
1 small yellow onion, diced
2 stalks celery, finely sliced
1 punnett mixed mushrooms,
Salt & black pepper, to taste
2 1/2 cups Tastic brown and wild rice
5 cups chicken stock
2/3 cup dried cranberries
1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Butter for basting
1/2 tsp All spice
1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over a medium heat.
2. Add the onions and celery and let cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened and lightly brown.
3. Increase the heat to medium high, then add the mushrooms.
4. Let cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms are soft and most of the liquid has evaporated.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Remove from heat and set aside.
7. In a pot, stir together the wild rice, chicken stock and sautéed vegetables.
8. Gently stir, then cover and cook, until the rice is tender. Stir in the cranberries, sage, thyme and almonds.
9. Taste and add additional salt and pepper as desired.
10. Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
11. Stuff the chicken well and secure the legs with string. Rub with butter and season with salt, pepper & all spice before baking in the oven until golden and cooked through, about 1hr 30min (depending on the size)
12. Serve with extra stuffing on the side and ENJOY!