5-INGREDIENT THUMBPRINT COOKIES
For the cookies:
3 ripe bananas
2½ cups (248g) Kellogg’sTM Crunchy Granola with a Hint of Cinnamon
5 tbsp peanut butter
For the filling:
½ cup dark chocolate, melted
½ cup strawberry jam
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, mash the bananas until smooth and lump-free. Add the Kellogg’sTM Crunchy Granola with a Hint of Cinnamon and the peanut butter. Stir with a spoon until combined.
3. Spoon tablespoon-sized balls of cookie dough onto the baking paper.
4. Use your thumb or the back of a small measuring spoon and press into the middle of the cookie dough to create an indent. Chefs Tip: *Spray the back of the spoon with grease-spray to ensure that the batter does not stick.
5. Bake the cookies in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden.
6. Place the cookies on a cooling rack and allow to cool, about 5 minutes. The cookies will crisp up slightly as they cool.
For the filling:
1. Once cooled, fill half of the cookies with the melted dark chocolate and the other half with strawberry jam until all of the cookies are filled. Serve the cookies on a plate with a glass of milk and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to a week!
SECRET CENTRE CARROT CAKE MUFFINS
Makes 12 muffins
1¾ cups cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ cup oil
¾ cup light brown sugar
½ cup full cream plain yoghurt
1 cup finely grated carrots
1¾ cups Kellogg’s™ Crunchy Granola With A Hint of Cinnamon
1 tub (230g) cream cheese, softened
¼ cup icing sugar
3 tsp milk
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and grease a 12-hole muffin tray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sieve together the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
3. In another mixing bowl, whisk together the oil and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time until fully incorporated.
4. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
5. Carefully fold in the yoghurt, grated carrots and 1 cup of Kellogg’s™ Crunchy Granola With A Hint of Cinnamon.
6. Add a heaped spoonful of the batter into each muffin tin cup.
7. Whisk together the cream cheese and icing sugar using a fork. Spoon a heaped teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture into the centre of the carrot cake batter and top with more batter, filling the cups ¾ full.
8. Sprinkle the remaining granola over each muffin and bake for about 15 minutes.
9. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
10. Prepare a glaze by stirring about 3 teaspoons of milk into the remaining cream cheese mixture to achieve a runny consistency. Garnish with a drizzle of the cream cheese glaze.
11. Serve for breakfast and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍