Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 1 hour
½ cup (153g) NESTLÉ Full Cream Sweetened Condensed Milk
5 sachets (20g each) NESTLÉ Hot Chocolate Peppermint Crisp
1. Place a small, non-stick pot over a low heat and pour in the NESTLÉ Full Cream Sweetened Condensed Milk.
2. Stirring constantly, bring the condensed milk to a gentle simmer, about 5 minutes, being careful not to burn the condensed milk.
3. Remove the pot from the heat and pour the condensed milk into a bowl. Add in 4 of the NESTLÉ Hot Chocolate Peppermint Crisp sachets, stirring until the hot chocolate is completely combined with the condensed milk.
4. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for 2 hours or until slightly firm.
5. Remove the bowl from the fridge and scoop the mixture into ½ tablespoon sized balls. Using the palm of your hands, roll each ball to ensure that they are round and smooth. Sprinkle the remaining hot chocolate sachet into a bowl and dip the chocolate balls into it to prevent them from sticking.
6. Serve the balls on a plate as chocolate truffle bombs or drop one into a glass of warm milk to make a hacky hot chocolate and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: Place the extra truffle balls in a greased, airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to a week!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍