Serves 12 Hands-on time: 20 minutes Hands-off time: 2 hours INGREDIENTS 8 large (450g) ripe bananas 5 cups Kellogg’s®️ Coco Pops Fills ⅓ cup (80g) butter Serving suggestion: Fresh sliced strawberries METHOD 1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with cupcake liners and a baking tray with baking paper.
2. To prepare the bananas, peel and slice each into 2cm slices. Place the slices in a single layer on the baking tray and freeze for 45 minutes. *Chef’s Tip: The frozen bananas can be prepared a day or two in advance and stored in a container in the freezer.
3. Pour the Kellogg’s®️ Coco Pops Fills cereal into a zip-seal bag. Lightly crush the cereal with a rolling pin, without crushing too finely. Set aside 1½ cups of the crushed cereal.
4. Add the remaining 3½ cups crushed cereal into a medium bowl. Drizzle the melted butter into the bowl and stir until combined, crushing the cereal finer as you stir.
5. Spoon a ⅓ cup of the crushed cereal mixture into each lined muffin hole. Use the back of a teaspoon to press the cereal down and up the sides to form the base. *Chef’s Tip: A shot glass can also be used to mould the cup-shape.
6. Bake the cups for 10-15 minutes or until crisp. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
7. Add the frozen banana slices into a blender. Pulse the bananas for a few seconds to roughly chop them, before blending on high speed for 1-2 minutes, or until completely smooth and creamy. *Chef’s Tip: If the bananas are too hard, allow to thaw for 5-10 minutes before blending.
8. Add 1 cup of the reserved crushed cereal to the nice cream. Fold together carefully to incorporate the cereal into the banana nice cream.
9. Divide the nice cream into the prepared cereal cups. Smooth the top of each cup with the back of a teaspoon before freezing for at least 1 hour, or until set.
10. Remove from the freezer about 5 minutes before serving. Place the nice cream cups on a serving platter, garnish with the remaining ½ cup of crushed cereal and freshly sliced strawberries. Serve and ENJOY!
Planning to try this? If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍