Hands-on time: 25 minutes
Hands-off time: Overnight
2½ cups (625ml) cream, cold
1 tin (385g) condensed milk
1 cup Yum Yum Peanut Spread Chocolate Dreams
Serving suggestion: Sugar cones
Chopped roasted peanuts
1. In a chilled bowl, whip the cream with an electric mixer until medium peaks form.
2. Carefully fold the condensed milk into the whipped cream until well mixed. *Chef’s Tip: Be careful not to knock out any air from the mixture.
3. Pour half of the ice cream mixture into a 30cm loaf tin. Melt ¾ cup of the Yum Yum Peanut Spread Chocolate Dreams in the microwave for 30 seconds. Spoon half of the chocolate peanut butter spread over the ice cream mixture and using a skewer, swirl it through the mixture.
4. Pour the remaining ice cream mixture over and top with dollops of the remaining chocolate peanut butter. Again, use the skewer to gently swirl the chocolate peanut butter through the ice cream mixture.
5. Freeze for 5-6 hours, or overnight for best result. *Chef’s Tip: Cover the loaf tin with plastic wrap.
6. As a serving suggestion, melt the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate peanut butter spread in the microwave for 30 seconds and dip the rims of the sugar cones in it to coat. Allow the excess spread to drip off. Immediately sprinkle over the roasted chopped nuts. Set aside. *Chef’s Tip: Place a cone in a medium short glass to stand upright and not topple over.
7. Remove the ice cream from the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Scoop the ice cream into the cones, top with more chopped hazelnuts. Serve immediately and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: Dip your spoon in hot water to make scooping easy!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍