Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 6 hours - overnight
6 tbsp gelatine powder
1½ cups Oros Original Orange Flavoured Concentrated Squash
1½ cups Oros Guava Flavoured Concentrated Squash
Store-bought whipped cream
1. Add ¼ cup of cold water to a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatine powder evenly over the water and set it aside to bloom for 5-8 minutes.*Chef’s Tip: Gelatine sheets can be used instead if preferred!
2. In the meantime, add 1 ½ cups of cold water to two medium-sized bowls. Flavour one bowl with the Oros Original Orange Flavoured Concentrated Squash and the other bowl with the Oros Guava Flavoured Concentrated Squash. Mix each until well combined.
3. Place the bowl with the bloomed gelatine into the microwave and heat for 2-5 seconds or until the gelatine has dissolved into a liquid. *Chef’s Tip: The mixture should not boil as this denatures the gelatine, which stops the jelly from setting.
4. Divide the dissolved gelatine between the two diluted Oros flavours and stir until smooth. 5. Use a ladle to spoon the orange-flavoured jelly into all 10 glasses, filling each to the halfway mark.
6. Refrigerate the orange-flavoured jelly for about 4 hours or until firm to the touch. Leave the guava jelly at room temperature until needed.
7. Once the orange jelly has set, slowly fill the glasses with the guava-flavoured jelly. Pour it over the back of a spoon to soften the stream to ensure the perfect layers are achieved. *Chef’s Tip: If the guava jelly has started to set, microwave for 5-8 seconds to dissolve into a liquid slightly.
8. Place the glasses back into the fridge to set for about 5 hours or overnight for the best result. 9. Once set, garnish each jelly cup with a dollop of cream, and a mint leaf and ENJOY!