½ cup low-fat yoghurt
½ lemon, juiced
3 tbsp Rajah Mild Masala Curry Powder
1 tsp each salt and pepper, to season
4 (610g) chicken breasts, deboned, cut into 2cm cubes
1 onion, cut into quarters, individual layers separated
2 peppers (green and red), cut into large cubes
½ pineapple, peeled and cut into 16-18 pieces
For the curry dipping sauce:
¼ cup low-fat yoghurt
1½ tsp Rajah Mild Masala Curry Powder
¼ lime, juiced
¼ tsp salt and pepper, to season
Corn on the cob
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with foil.
2. Spoon the yoghurt into a medium bowl and add in the lemon juice. Sprinkle the Rajah Mild Masala Curry Powder over the yoghurt, and stir to combine. Stir in the salt and pepper.
3. Pour the chicken cubes into the curry-yoghurt mixture. Mix to generously coat and allow the chicken to marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge.
4. Place a chicken cube onto a wooden skewer, add a cube of onion, followed by a red pepper cube. Repeat with alternating layers of pepper and pineapple until there are four chicken cubes on the skewer.
5. Repeat with the rest of the skewers until there is no chicken left over. *Chef’s Tip: Soak the skewers in cold water for 15 minutes before use to prevent them from burning. You can also use sticks of rosemary for an extra flavour infusion!
6. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, before switching the oven to the grill setting and grilling for a further 10-15 minutes until caramelized, turning half-way.
7. For the curry dipping sauce, combine the yoghurt, Rajah Mild Masala Curry Powder, lime juice and salt and pepper in a small dipping bowl and stir until well mixed.
8. Place the masala chicken sosaties on a serving platter. Serve two skewers on a plate alongside the curry dipping sauce, a green salad and corn on the cob and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍