Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 1 hour
3 cups IMBO Medium Desiccated Coconut, plus extra for decorating
⅔ tin (257g) sweetened condensed milk
½ cup icing sugar
3 slabs (80g each) dark chocolate, melted
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper. *Chef’s Tip: Ensure to use a baking tray that fits in your fridge.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the IMBO Medium Desiccated Coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and icing sugar. Using a spatula, mix until well combined and a smooth, sticky mixture has formed.
3. Divide the mixture into about 32 pieces and roll each piece in between your hands to form neat circles. *Chef’s Tip: Lightly grease your hands beforehand for easy rolling!
4. Carefully dip each ball into the melted dark chocolate using 2 forks. Gently place each dipped ball onto the prepared baking sheet.
5. While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle a dusting of coconut on top of each ball to decorate. *Chef’s Tip: Alternatively, decorate the balls with sprinkles or chopped nuts!
6. Place the coconut ice bites in the fridge for 1 hour until the chocolate has hardened. *Chef’s Tip: Store in the fridge for up to a week for a ready-to-eat treat!
7. Once set, serve the bites on a platter for the perfect summer treat, and ENJOY!