Hands-on time: 25 minutes
Hands-off time: 50 minutes
6 SPAR Freshline Yellow Flesh Nectarines
2 tbsp SPAR Castor Sugar
1 box (500g) vanilla cake mix
170g SPAR Choice Butter, cold
Serving suggestion: SPAR Vanilla Flavoured Ice Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Lightly grease a medium rectangular baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Slice the SPAR Freshline Yellow Flesh Nectarines in half, twist to open and remove the pips. Slice each half into 4-5 wedges.
4. Arrange the nectarines in the prepared dish, sprinkle over the SPAR Castor Sugar and toss to coat evenly. Pour ¼ cup of water on top.
5. Sprinkle the vanilla cake mix on top and shake the dish lightly to distribute evenly.
6. Grate the SPAR Choice Butter over the cake mix. *Chef’s Tip: Ensure the top is covered with an even layer of butter as this will form the crust of the pudding during baking.
7. Bake for 40 minutes until the fruit is soft and the cake is cooked through.
8. Portion and serve the warm nectarine pudding with a scoop of SPAR Vanilla Flavoured Ice Cream and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍