Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Hands-off time: 25 minutes
1 roll (400g) store-bought puff pastry, thawed yet cold
1 tsp corn flour
2 tins (400g each) Rhodes Quality Peach Slices in Syrup
1 large egg, beaten
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C with the fan setting on. Lightly grease a medium pie dish with non-stick spray.
2. Unroll the Today Original Puff Pastry over the pie dish, allowing it to fall over the sides. Sprinkle a thin layer of the corn flour onto the base, and use a pastry brush to spread it evenly. The corn flour helps soak up the peach juice as the tart bakes. *Chef’s Tips: Use a knife to cut the leftover pastry into a leaf shape. Use the leaves to decorate the pie before baking.
3. Strain the syrup from the Rhodes Quality Peaches in Syrup. *Chef’s Tip: Freeze the syrup in an ice tray and add it to a glass of sparkling water for a fruity twist.
4. Pat the peaches dry with a paper towel, then arrange them onto the base of the pastry. Use your fingers to crimp the edges of the pastry to create a border design before placing the pastry leaves along the border.*Chef’s Tip: Nuts can be added to the peach filling for a crunchy texture!
5. Brush the pastry edges and leaves, if using, with the beaten egg and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown and flaky. *Chef’s Tip: Milk or melted butter can be used instead of eggs.
6. Allow the tart to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
7. Serve a slice with a generous scoop of ice cream, garnished with a mint sprig and ENJOY!