Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 35 minutes
3 cups cream
1 packet (50g) white onion soup powder
½ block (400g) Président Mature Cheddar Cheese
1½ cups beef biltong, chopped
1 packet (500g) uncooked macaroni
Serving suggestion: Parsley, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
2. In a 30cmx20cm oven dish, add 3 cups of boiling water, cream, and white onion soup powder. Whisk the ingredients together until the powder has dissolved.
3. Grate ¼ block of the Président Mature Cheddar Cheese into the sauce and add the biltong and macaroni. Stir the ingredients until well combined. *Chef’s Tip: Replace the biltong with bacon or cooked veg if preferred!
4. Cover the baking dish with a lid and bake for 30 minutes until the macaroni is al denté. *Chef’s Tip: Alternatively, cover with foil!
5. Remove the bake from the oven and switch the oven setting to grill. Stir the dish to separate the pasta and grate the remaining ¼ block of cheese over the dish.
6. Bake, uncovered, under the grill element for 5 minutes until the cheese has melted and turned golden brown.
7. Garnish the mac & cheese with freshly chopped parsley, serve with a side salad and ENJOY!