Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 20 minutes
1 packet (500g) Fatti’s & Moni’s Fusilli Pasta Screws
1 packet (200g) streaky bacon
1 head Romaine lettuce, or lettuce of choice
1 punnet (250g) cherry tomatoes
1½ cups tangy mayonnaise
½ tsp each salt and pepper, to season (optional)
Serving suggestion: Fresh chives, chopped
1. Prepare the Fatti's & Moni's Fusilli Pasta Screws by adding it to a large pot of salted boiling water. Cook, uncovered, for 7-8 minutes or until al denté. Strain the pasta and empty it onto a baking tray to cool for about 15 minutes ensuring the pasta does not stick together. *Chef’s Tip: You can also use leftover pasta!
2. While the pasta cooks, add the bacon to a large non-stick pan over medium heat and allow to cook until crispy, about 7-8 minutes, stirring frequently. Drain the bacon on a paper towel and allow it to cool. *Chef’s Tip: Replace the bacon with chicken or mushrooms, if preferred!
3. On a clean chopping board, slice the lettuce into thin strips, halve the cherry tomatoes, and cut the crispy bacon into 3cm squares. *Chef’s Tip: Use any lettuce and tomatoes of your choice!
4. Add the cooled pasta to a large mixing bowl. To this, add the crispy bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, and mayonnaise. Stir until mixed and well-coated.
5. Season with salt and pepper, if necessary. If made in advance, cover the bowl and refrigerate until needed. *Chef’s Tip: The pasta salad will stay fresh in the fridge for about 3 hours!
6. Transfer the pasta salad to a serving dish. Garnish with fresh chives and ENJOY immediately!