Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 20 minutes
5 (500g) uncooked chicken breasts, cubed
1 tbsp chicken spice
1 tsp each salt and pepper, optional
1 cup Spekko India Gate Basmati Long Grain White Rice
2 cups store-bought tikka masala cook-in sauce
½ cup frozen peas
Fresh coriander leaves
1. Heat a large oiled pot with a lid, on medium-high heat.
2. Add the cubed chicken, chicken spice and salt and pepper, if using. Sauté the chicken until lightly golden brown. *Chef’s Tip: Any type of protein can be used instead.
3. When browned, add the Spekko India Gate Basmati Long Grain White Rice and mix before adding 4½ cups of warm water and stirring once more. *Chef’s Tip: Leftover rice can be used instead.
4. Add the tikka masala cook-in sauce, cover with a lid and lower the temperature. Allow the rice to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until just cooked.
5. Mix in the frozen peas before covering with a lid and allowing to cook for 5-8 minutes. *Chef’s Tip: Spekko Rice is naturally fat-free and low G.I.
6. Remove the pot from the heat and garnish the soup with fresh coriander. Serve while hot and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: The soup can be frozen for up to 3 months.