Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 5 minutes
2 cups (250g) fusilli pasta screws
2 (250g) chicken breasts, sliced into 2cm strips
½ tsp pepper, to season (optional)
1 punnet (250g) white button mushrooms, sliced
½ cup (125ml) mayonnaise
1 Knorrox Chicken Flavour Stock Cube
Serving suggestion: Chopped parsley
1. Boil the pasta in salted water for 7 minutes, ensuring the pasta has not completely softened.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat a medium-sized oiled pot over a high heat. Add in the sliced mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes or until browned.
3. Add in the chicken breast strips and continue frying until it starts browning, approximately 5 minutes. Add pepper, if using.
4. Place the Knorrox Chicken Flavour Stock Cube in ⅔ cup of boiling water and allow to dissolve. Add this to the chicken or mince mixture and stir to combine.
5. Add the mayonnaise to the pot and stir well until the sauce is smooth and evenly combined. Cook for an extra minute to ensure the sauce is hot.
6. Drain the pasta and add it to the chicken or beef mixture. Stir until the pasta is coated in the sauce, and allow to sit for 5 minutes to soak up some of the sauce.
7. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍