Serves 2 per variation
Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 5-12 hours
3 medium oranges, juiced
2 tbsp honey
2 shots (30ml each) Klipdrift Premium Brandy
1 cup ginger ale
1 cinnamon quill
Serving suggestion: Cinnamon quill, for the garnish
For the cold toddy:
1. Pour the orange juice into an ice tray and freeze overnight or until solid.
2. Divide the orange juice ice cubes between two cocktail glasses and drizzle a tablespoon of honey over the ice in each glass.
3. Pour a shot of Klipdrift Premium Brandy into each glass and top up with the ginger ale, about ½ a cup each.
4. Using a lighter, heat the bottom end of the cinnamon quill and immediately stir the cinnamon quill through each cold toddy. *Chef’s Tip: heating the quill allows the flavour of the cinnamon to infuse the cold toddy.
5. Garnish with a cinnamon quill and orange slices, serve immediately and ENJOY!
For the hot toddy:
1. Add the orange juice, honey, ginger ale and cinnamon quill to a pot over medium heat. Bring to the boil and lower the heat to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 4-5 minutes to infuse the flavours.
2. Remove the cinnamon quill and divide the warm mixture between 2 heatproof cocktail glasses or mugs. Pour 1 shot of Klipdrift Premium Brandy into each glass.
3. Garnish each hot toddy with a cinnamon quill and an orange slice on the rim, serve immediately and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍