Hands-on time: 5 minutes
Hands-off time: 5 hours
1 cup (250ml) olive oil
5 cloves garlic, crushed
½ cup chopped parsley, plus extra for the garnish
½ packet (250g) Fatti's & Moni's Bellissimo Linguine
¼ cup finely grated parmesan, plus extra for the garnish
½ tsp salt and pepper, to season (optional)
1 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
Serving suggestion: Lemon juice
1. Combine the olive oil, garlic and parsley in a medium jug.
2. Divide the olive oil mixture between the holes of an ice tray, filling each hole completely. Place the tray in the freezer for 5 hours or until the olive oil cubes are frozen.
3. Bring a large pot with salted water to the boil and add in the Fatti's & Moni's Bellissimo Linguine. Boil until al dente, about 7 minutes. *Chef’s Tip: al dente means that the pasta should still be tender but firm and slightly
4. Drain the pasta and place it back into the pot.
5. Remove the oil cubes from the freezer and pop 6 of them out of the ice tray and into the pasta. Stir until melted.
6. Mix well to ensure the pasta is covered in the sauce. Season with salt, pepper and red chilli flakes to taste.
7. Divide the pasta between two bowls, top with grated parmesan, fresh parsley and a splash of lemon juice. Serve and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍