Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Hands-off time: Overnight
2½ cups (625ml) cream, cold
1 tsp MOIR’S Vanilla Essence
1 tin (385g) condensed milk
1 tsp ground allspice
1 pack (250g) SAFARI Seedless Raisins
Melted dark chocolate
Hot cross buns, sliced in half
1. Line a 20cm loaf tin with baking paper.
2. In a chilled medium-sized bowl, whip the cream and the MOIR’S Vanilla Essence with an electric hand beater until medium-stiff peaks form.
3. Gently fold the condensed milk into the whipped cream, being careful not to over mix.
4. Add the allspice and the SAFARI Seedless Raisins and fold carefully to combine. Once combined, pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and place in the freezer to set overnight.
To serve in sugar cones:
1. Dip the rims of the cones into the melted dark chocolate and allow the excess to drip off. Set aside until ready to serve. Scoop the ice cream into the sugar cone, serve immediately and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: Dip your ice cream spoon in hot water to make scooping easy!
To serve as a hot cross bun sandwich:
1. Scoop a generous ball into each halved hot cross bun for an epic hot cross bun ice cream sandwich. Drizzle with the melted dark chocolate, serve immediately and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: Toast the buns before scooping on the ice cream for a crunchy surprise!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍