Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 50 minutes
1 kg baby potatoes
3 tbsp oil
2 tbsp Hinds Spices Southern Grill All In One Seasoning
1 tin (410g) Rhodes Quality Boerewors Relish
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Chopped fresh parsley
1. Prepare the braai for direct cooking over medium-low heat (180-200°C).*Chef’s Tip: Alternatively, cook the potato parcel in the oven at 180°C for 30-35 minutes.
2. Rinse and clean the baby potatoes and pat them dry with paper towel. Cut them in half and add them to a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the oil and Hinds Spices Southern Grill All In One Seasoning to the potatoes and toss until evenly coated.
4. Lay 3 large, heavy-duty pieces of foil, one on top of each other, onto a clean counter. Tip the potatoes into the centre of the foil. Tightly fold the sides into a neat pocket and place it directly on the hot coals .*Chef’s Tip: The potatoes can also be cooked on a grill grate.
5. Cook the potatoes for 45-50 minutes, turning every 10 minutes. Open the foil, pour over the Rhodes Quality Boerewors Relish and sprinkle the grated cheese. Seal and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the relish is hot and the cheese has melted.
6. Open and garnish the potatoes with fresh parsley, serve them alongside a braai spread, and ENJOY