Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 0 minutes
1 cup Spekko Long Grain Parboiled White Rice, cooked
1 tin (170g) tuna, drained
1 large egg
1 cup grated cheese, of choice
¼ cup cake flour
½ tsp each salt and pepper (optional)
Chives, finely chopped
Dipping sauce, of choice
1. Place the cooked Spekko Long Grain Parboiled White Rice in a large bowl and add the tin of tuna. Mix well to combine. *Chef’s Tip: Using leftover rice saves time and wastage!
2. Add the egg and cheese and stir well. It should be a slightly wet consistency. *Chef’s Tip: Add chopped chives or herbs of choice, for extra flavour.
3. Add in the flour and stir until just combined.
4. Using a tablespoon, scoop the mixture into your hands and shape into a rounded ‘patty’, about 1cm thick. Repeat with the remaining mixture and set aside. You should get 8 fritters.
5. Place a well oiled non-stick pan over medium heat.
6. Once hot, add the fritters in batches, and fry for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and crispy.
7. When cooked, remove from the pan. Serve warm with chopped chives, a dipping sauce and a green salad and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: Spekko rice is naturally gluten-free making this the perfect light lunch to share with loved ones!