Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 25 minutes
6 slices SASKO Low GI Soy & Linseed White Bread
⅓ cup garlic butter, melted
1 tin (400g) tomato and onion relish
2 cups (50g) baby spinach
1 cup cooked bacon bits
6 large eggs
½ tsp each salt and pepper, to season
2 rounds (200g) feta cheese
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Serving suggestion: Fresh chopped coriander
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a medium-sized baking dish with baking paper.
2. Toast the SASKO Low GI Soy & Linseed White Bread. Evenly arrange the toasted bread in the dish.
3. Brush the melted garlic butter over the toast and pour the tomato and onion relish over, using a spatula to smooth it into an even layer.
4. Scatter the baby spinach and bacon bits over and use the back of a spoon to make 6 indentations into the filling. *Chef’s Tip: the bacon can be replaced with cooked boerie slices or cooked mince!
5. Crack an egg into each indentation and season with salt and pepper.
6. Crumble the feta cheese. Sprinkle the feta and grated cheddar over the top and place the dish in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the egg is baked to your liking.
7. Allow the traybake to cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle the chopped coriander over, serve with sliced avocado and orange juice and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍