CHEESY PIZZA-STUFFED ROLL-UPS Makes 4 Hands-on time: 30 minutes Hands-off time: 30 minutes INGREDIENTS 2 (500g) chicken breasts ½ tsp each salt and pepper 2 tbsp tomato sauce ¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese 6 slices red onion ¼ cup sliced mushrooms 1 tbsp dried oregano ¼ cup flour 2 eggs, beaten ½ cup breadcrumbs 2 tbsp oil Serving suggestion: Fresh basil leaves, chopped Roasted mixed vegetables 4 skewer sticks METHOD 1. Cut each piece of chicken breast in half horizontally. Place each halved breast between two pieces of wax paper and lightly pound with a rolling pin until flattened. *Chef’s Tip: Use a glass bottle if you don’t have a rolling pin!
2. Place the flattened chicken breasts on a chopping board and season evenly with the salt and pepper.
3. Divide the tomato sauce, cheese, sliced onion, mushrooms and oregano over each of the flattened breasts.*Chef’s Tip: Use your favourite pizza toppings to fill the chicken roll-ups!
4. Tightly roll up the chicken breasts. Arrange them to be seam-side down and push a skewer through the top of each of the chicken roll-ups, helping to seal them closed.
5. Place the flour, egg and breadcrumbs each into a wide-rimmed bowl (3 bowls). Gently dip the rolled chicken into the flour, then the beaten egg and then into the breadcrumbs.
6. Arrange the chicken roll-ups onto the mesh into the air fryer basket and evenly drizzle the oil over the breasts.
7. Bake the chicken in the air fryer for 20 minutes at 180°C or until golden and cooked.
8. Remove the cheesy pizza-stuffed chicken roll-ups from the air fryer. Remove the skewers, scatter over chopped basil leaves, serve alongside roasted vegetables and ENJOY!
COOKIES 'N CREAM BAKED CHEESECAKE CUPS Makes 9 Hands-on time: 20 minutes Hands-off time: 1 hour, 35 minutes INGREDIENTS 160g chocolate sandwich cookies, plus extra for the garnish ¼ cup (60g) melted butter 1 tubs (250g) full fat cream cheese, room temperature 1 tin (385g) condensed milk 2 eggs 1 tsp vanilla essence ½ cup whipped cream METHOD 1. Line the Philips Silicone Muffin Cups with greased muffin liners and set aside.
2. Pour the chocolate cookies into a zip seal bag and crush it well with a rolling pin until you have fine crumbs.
3. Reserve a ¼ of the crushed cookies and set aside until needed. Pour the remaining crushed cookies into a bowl along with the melted butter and stir to combine.
4. Divide the crushed biscuits between the prepared muffin cups and, using a spoon, press down firmly to create a base in each cup.
5. Using the same mixing bowl, add in the cream cheese. Use an electric mixer to beat on medium speed until the cream cheese is smooth and softened.
6. Add in the condensed milk, eggs and vanilla essence to the cream cheese and beat until well combined. Fold in the reserved crushed cookies until incorporated.
7. Divide the cream cheese filling over the cookie bases in the muffin cups and arrange them into the basket of the Philips Airfryer XXL Premium.
8. Place the basket carefully into the air fryer, being careful not to spill the filling and put the air fryer on at 160°C for 15 minutes, checking after 10 minutes. *Chef’s Tip: If the cheesecakes jiggle slightly, then cook for another 5 minutes.
9. Using tongs and an oven glove, carefully lift the cheesecakes out of the air fryer basket and allow to cool on a tray. *Chef’s Tip: The cheesecakes will set as they cool.
10. Place the cheesecakes in the fridge to firm up for 1 hour.
11. When you are ready to serve, remove the cheesecakes from the silicone moulds and arrange onto a serving platter. Top each with the whipped cream, crush and sprinkle over more cookies to garnish. Serve and ENJOY!
SPINACH & FETA FRITTERS Makes 8 Hands-on time: 15 minutes Hands-off time: 35-40 minutes INGREDIENTS 1 pack (200g) baby spinach, finely chopped 2 cloves garlic, crushed 3 large eggs 2 tbsp cake flour ¼ cup grated cheddar cheese 100g feta, crumbled ¼ tsp black pepper 2 tbsp oil Serving suggestion: Chopped coriander Sweet chili sauce Lemon wedges METHOD 1. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the spinach, garlic, eggs, flour, cheddar, feta and black pepper. Stir to combine until it comes together in a thick, batter-like consistency.
2. Line the Philips Airfryer XXL Premium with foil and spray it generously with non-stick spray. Carefully spoon a few tablespoon-sized dollops of the mixture onto the foil, evenly spaced apart. Drizzle the oil over the fritters evenly.
3. Bake the fritters for 10 minutes at 180°C or until golden and cooked, checking after 10 minutes to ensure they don’t burn. Repeat with the remaining batter until you have 8 fritters.
4. Scatter chopped coriander over the fritters, serve with sweet chilli sauce and lemon wedges and ENJOY!
CHEESY EGG-STUFFED MIELIEBROOD MUFFINS
Makes 9 Hands-on time: 25 minutes Hands-off time: 1 hour INGREDIENTS 10 small eggs 4 tbsp (60g) butter, melted 1 cup (250ml) milk 2 cups sweet corn kernels 2 cups self-raising flour 2 tsp sugar 1 tsp salt ½ tsp pepper 1 tsp paprika 2 cups grated cheddar cheese Serving suggestion: Chutney METHOD 1. Fill a large pot with warm water and bring to the boil. Cook 9 of the eggs for 9 minutes. Remove the eggs from the water using a slotted spoon and place them in a dish with cold water. *Chef’s Tip: Add some ice cubes to help speed up the cooling process!
2. Grease 9 of the Philips Silicone Muffin Cups with non-stick spray and set aside.
3. Pour the melted butter, milk, corn and remaining 1 egg the jug of a blender or food processor and blend on high speed until the mixture is smooth and the corn is puréed.
4. Add the self-raising flour, sugar, salt, pepper, and paprika to the blender and purée for another minute until the batter is smooth and well combined. Pour the mixture into a bowl, add the cheese and mix gently to combine. *Chef’s Tip: If you don’t have a blender then mix everything together well with a whisk!
5. Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared muffin cups, about ½-way full.
6. Once the boiled eggs are cool to the touch, carefully peel them and place a boiled egg into the centre of each muffin cup. Spoon more batter over the top of the eggs.
7. Place the cups in the Philips Airfryer XXL Premium at 180°C for 20-25 minutes. Check the mieliebrood muffins after 15 minutes. *Chef’s Tip: The muffins are ready when the tops are golden and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
8. Using tongs and oven gloves, carefully remove the mieliebrood muffins from the air fryer and allow to cool in the silicone cups for 5 minutes.
9. Carefully remove the mieliebrood from the silicone cups and allow to cool on a cooling rack for another 10-15 minutes or until they are cool to the touch.
10. Serve a mieliebrood muffin with chutney and ENJOY!
Planning to try this? If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍