Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 25 minutes
3 cups (375g) cake flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tsp granulated white sugar
1 cup Rama Original 70% Fat Spread, cold
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 packet (200g) bacon bits, cooked
⅓ cup freshly chopped herb, of choice
1 cup milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C on fan-assist and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the cake flour, baking powder, and sugar and mix until combined.
3. Add ½ cup of the Rama Original 70% Fat Spread and use the back of 2 forks to incorporate the fat spread into the dry ingredients until a crumbly mixture has formed. *Chef’s Tip: Rama is perfect for spreading, baking, and cooking!
4. Add the cheese, cooked bacon, herb of choice, and milk to the bowl and mix until a rough dough has formed. *Chef’s Tip: Avoid overworking the dough to ensure the scones remain soft!
5. Transfer the dough onto a clean counter. Using your hands, bring the dough together, ensuring to not overwork the dough. Shape the dough into a large 20cm disk.
6. Divide the dough into 8 equal triangles and place onto the prepared baking tray, spaced out.
7. In a small bowl, heat a ¼ cup of Rama in the microwave for about 20 seconds until melted.
8. Brush the melted Rama over the scones and bake for 25 minutes until cooked through and golden brown.
9. Once baked, serve warm with a generous spread of Rama and tomato soup, and ENJOY!