2 sachets (20g each) NESTLÉ Hot Chocolate Tex Flavoured Drink
1 tbsp Nescafé Classic coffee granules
½ cup NESTLÉ Ideal Evaporated Milk, refrigerated overnight
4 cups low-fat milk
1. To prepare the chocolate syrup, add 1 sachet of the NESTLÉ Hot Chocolate Tex Flavoured Drink and a third cup of water to a deep microwave-safe bowl. Stir well to combine.
2. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 45 seconds. It will bubble up extensively as it boils so ensure that you use a deep bowl. Reduce the mixture to about half and allow to cool slightly before pouring into a recycled squeeze bottle with a small opening. While it cools, it will thicken to a syrupy consistency. *Chef’s Tip: Don’t boil for too long as then you will burn the syrup.
3. Mix one tablespoon of hot water with the Nescafé Classic coffee granules and stir to dissolve. When cooled, add the contents of the remaining 1 sachet of NESTLÉ Hot Chocolate Tex Flavoured Drink and the cold NESTLÉ Ideal Evaporated Milk and beat using an electric mixer until it is a mousse-like consistency.
4. Warm the milk in the microwave for 1-1½ minutes. Keep an eye on it, being careful that it doesn’t boil.
5. Divide the warm milk between the glasses.
6. Carefully spoon the mochaccino mousse over the warm milk. Smooth the mousse down using the back of a spoon.
7. Choose a design for the barista art and complete. To create shape 1, carefully pipe 4 perfect circles of prepared syrup onto the mochaccino mousse, with uniform spacing in between each circle. Use a toothpick to drag from the middle circle out towards the outer edge of the glass, creating a star-shape. Repeat all the way around the circles.
8. To create shape 2, draw 3 lines over the mochaccino mousse that are uniformly spaced. Carefully drag a toothpick from one edge to the next, crossing over the 3 lines. 2cm away, drag another line from the other edge, straight across the 3 lines. Repeat until the pattern is completed.
9. To create shape 3, spiral the syrup from the centre out towards the edges of the cup. Use the toothpick to drag from the edge of the cup over the spiral towards the other edge and create a connected heart.
10. Serve the mochaccinos immediately and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍