Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 30-35 minutes
1½ cups rolled oats
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 large banana
¾ cup milk
1 extra-large egg
2 tbsp honey
¼ cup grated carrot
⅓ cup cream cheese
Serving suggestion: Chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C and prepare a 12-hole muffin tray with a light layer of non-stick cooking spray.
2. To a Nutribullet Blender Original 600W, add the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, banana, milk, egg and honey and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds. Stir the grated carrots through the batter until well dispersed. *Chef’s Tip: Double the recipe to make a batch of 12 baked oat cups!
3. Divide half the batter between 6 muffin holes. Carefully add 1 tablespoon of cream cheese to the centre of each muffin hole and top with the remaining oat batter. *Chef’s Tip: Sprinkle chopped walnuts for an extra crunch!
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked.
5. Remove the tray from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
6. Once cooled, serve with a cup of coffee and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: Store the baked oats cups in an airtight container in the fridge for up to seven days!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍