Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Hands-off time: 25 minutes
½ dozen (6) pull-apart burger buns
¼ cup (60g) butter, softened
8 slices cheddar cheese
1 pack (400g) Simply Chicken Crumbed Chicken Burger Patties
½ bag (200g) skinny fries, frozen
¾ cup mayonnaise
1½ cups grated mozzarella
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
Serving suggestion: Coleslaw
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Using a large serrated knife, carefully slice the pull-apart burger rolls in half, keeping the buns connected to each other.
3. Place the bottom layer of still-connected rolls into a rectangular baking dish, about 20x26cm long.
4. Spread the softened butter over the bottom half of the rolls.
5. Arrange the cheese slices onto the bun layer, overlapping one another. Top the cheese slices with the Simply Chicken Crumbed Chicken Patties.
6. Scatter the frozen skinny fries in between the patties, ensuring that it does not cover the patties completely.
7. Place the dish in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the patties and chips are golden in colour and crispy on the outside.
8. While the chips and patties are baking, combine the mayonnaise and grated mozzarella cheese in a bowl and stir together to create a ‘hacky cheese sauce’.
9. Remove the dish from the oven and dollop the cheese and mayo mixture over the patties and chips, covering it like a sauce.
10. Top the sauce with the sliced red onion, cover the burgers with the top half of the still-connected buns and place the dish back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes or until the cheese sauce has melted and the top of the buns are lightly toasted.
11. Serve immediately with the coleslaw and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍