Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Hands-off time: 30 minutes
For the curry:
3 tbsp NESTLÉ Cremora Original
1 tbsp oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp minced ginger
½ tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ground coriander
2 cinnamon sticks
½ tin (200g) chopped tomatoes
1 tsp tomato paste
2 (250g) chicken breasts, cut into 2cm cubes
½ tsp each salt and pepper
For the dough: 1¼ cups self-raising flour
¾ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
¼ tsp salt (optional)
¼ cup melted garlic butter
Serving suggestion: Chopped coriander
For the curry:
1. In a small bowl, combine the NESTLÉ Cremora Original with ½ cup of hot water and stir until dissolved.
2. In a large pot over a medium-high heat, add in the oil and onions and cook for 3 minutes or until softened.
3. Add in the garlic, ginger, cumin seeds, coriander, cinnamon stick and salt and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Add in the tinned tomatoes, tomato paste and the Cremora mixture and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the curry has thickened slightly.
5. Add in the cut chicken breasts and salt and pepper and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes to ensure that the curry does not burn. Remove the cinnamon stick and allow the curry to cool to room temperature.
6. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a large, rectangular baking dish (32 x 24cm) with non-stick spray.
For the dough:
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the self-raising flour, yoghurt and salt, if using, together and mix with a spoon until well combined.
2. On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for 8 minutes or until smooth. *Chef’s Tip: Flour your hands to make the kneading easier!
3. Divide the dough into 10 evenly sized balls. Use a rolling pin to roll each ball of dough out into a small circle, about 7cm in diameter.
4. Scoop 2 heaped tablespoons of chicken curry into the centre of each dough circle and carefully bring and pinch the outsides together to encase the filling in the dough, creating a stuffed ball.
5. Pack the curry-filled balls into the prepared dish and brush with the melted garlic butter. Place the dish in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the balls are golden brown and cooked.
6. Sprinkle over chopped coriander, serve with a salad and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍