Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Hands-off time: 4 hours
1 box (80g) Pick n Pay Cherry Flavoured Jelly
½ carton (500ml) vanilla flavoured custard
1 cup dark chocolate, melted
¼ cup Pick n Pay Rainbow Vermicelli Sprinkles
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the Pick n Pay Cherry Flavoured Jelly with 1 cup of boiling water. Whisk until the jelly powder has completely dissolved and set aside to cool for about 30 minutes. *Chef’s Tip: Use your favourite jelly flavour!
2. In an 8-hole popsicle mould, divide vanilla flavoured custard until each hole is ⅔rds full. Place the mould into the freezer, allowing the custard to firm up slightly while the jelly is cooling.*Chef’s Tip: Alternatively, use disposable party paper cups instead of a popsicle mould!
3. Very carefully divide the cooled jelly mixture between the popsicle holes, ensuring not to disturb the custard layer, until each hole is completely filled.
4. Add a wooden popsicle stick to each popsicle hole and freeze for 4 hours or until fully frozen.
5. Once completely frozen, unmould the popsicles and dip ⅓ of each popsicle into the melted chocolate. *Chef’s Tip: Work quickly as the chocolate will harden because of the cold pops!
6. Add the Pick n Pay Rainbow Vermicelli Sprinkles onto the chocolate while still wet. Once the chocolate has hardened, serve immediately and ENJOY! *Chef’s Tip: Make a large batch and store in the freezer for up to a month!