Hands-on time: 25 minutes
Hands-off time: 25 minutes
1 pack (850g) SPAR Select Chicken Breasts
¼ tsp salt (optional)
¼ cup SPAR Hot Chutney
½ cup mayonnaise
1 roll (400g) SPAR Ready Rolled Puff Pastry, thawed
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Serving suggestion: Chopped chives
SPAR Hot Chutney
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Fry the SPAR Select Chicken Breasts in the oiled MasterChef Aluminium Cookware 28cm 11in Deep Pan over a medium heat with the salt (optional). Cover it with the MasterChef Aluminium Cookware 28cm 11in Glass Lid until just cooked through, about 10-15 minutes. Use a knife and fork to shred the chicken into even smaller pieces.
3. Transfer the shredded chicken to a medium-sized bowl and add in the SPAR Hot Chutney and the mayonnaise and stir well to combine.
4. Roll out the thawed SPAR Ready Rolled Puff Pastry on the prepared baking tray and scoop the chutney-mayo chicken filling onto the pastry. Use a spatula to evenly spread the filling over the pastry.
5. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the filling.
6. Carefully roll up the pastry into a tight, log-like shape.
7. Use a serrated knife to cut the pastry into 18 evenly sized rounds, about 1½ cm in width.
8. Pack the spirals onto the prepared tray and scatter the remaining cheese over the pinwheels.
9. Place the dish in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
10. Carefully remove the tray from the oven and allow the chutney-mayo chicken pinwheels to cool for about 5 minutes.
11. Transfer the pinwheels to a plate and scatter over chopped chives. Serve with the more chutney on the side and ENJOY!
Planning to try this?
If yes, please share your pictures with us on the Foodies Of SA Group on Facebook. We'd LOVE to see it! 😍